We are now accepting submissions for our next art exhibition:
DEADLINE: May 31, 2020
We invite Greater Portland artists to submit work for exhibition consideration in our 6th juried show, “2020 Vision: Past, Present, and Future,” which will hang between June 2020 (TBD) and October 2020. Unless you are exhibiting in our current show, "All the Great Trees," at 84 Free Street, all artists are invited to submit work (up to three pieces) for consideration via high resolution jpeg to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your response can be a personal interpretation of a moment in Maine’s history. How are we changing, where have we come from, what have we learned, what have we accomplished? Where do we want to go?
We are seeking artwork in a large scale format, with dimensions at least 24” X 30”. Your work should have a strong focus on Maine and may elucidate untold narratives, visions of the future, issues you may be tackling in your own practice and/or complex histories. Our volunteer curatorial team will review your work. All submissions due Sunday, May 31. If your work is chosen and sold in our gallery, we ask for (a voluntary) 20% donation of your sale.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
- Artist must be a resident of Greater Portland (Biddeford to Brunswick).
- All 2D mediums are welcome; no sculptures unless they will hang from drywall, without obstructing a walkway.
- Dimensions must be at least 24" X 30" (our gallery space is designed for large pieces).
- Price recommendation: between $300 and $3000.
- No more than three submissions per artist. Only one will be chosen.
- Submissions must be labeled: each jpeg must be labeled with the artist's name as well as the title, medium, dimensions, and price of the piece. Please include this info in the body of your email as well.
- Please also include your mailing address and a link to your website (if applicable) in the body of your email.
- Please include Instagram and Facebook handles (names).
- Art must be delivered ready to hang and available to exhibit June, 2020 (TBD) - October 20, 2020.
- Artists will be asked to attend the opening reception at Creative Portland
Any questions, please contact Katie at 207-370-4784 or email@example.com