OPEN CALL FOR ART
Creative Portland is accepting submissions for our spring show - "(Almost) Black & White." Artists are invited to submit up to three pieces of work via high resolution jpeg to email@example.com for consideration. The deadline for submissions has been extended through March 26th, 2018.
Criteria for selection:
- Artist must be a resident of Greater Portland (Biddeford to Brunswick).
- Pieces must be mostly black & white, greyscale, or sepia-toned; no more than 25% color.
- All 2D mediums are welcome; no sculptures please.
- Dimensions must be at least 24" x 30" (our gallery space is designed for large pieces).
- Price must fall between $200 and $5000.
- Each jpeg must be labeled with the artist's name as well as the title, medium, dimensions, and price of the piece. Please also include this info in the body of your email, as well as your physical address and a link to you website (if applicable).
- Pieces must be available to hang for approximately 6 months, April - September 2018.
Creative Portland Gallery at 84 Free Street
Directly across from the back entrance of Maine College of Art (MECA)
Fall Art Exhibition 2017
In January 2017, Creative Portland launched an inviting street presence in the heart of the arts district, with a multi-use community & gallery space, open to the public weekdays from 10-4. Our first open call for our first juried art exhibit, selected by a volunteer curatorial team of twelve, received over 150 entries from emerging and established Greater Portland artists. The “Best of Portland” art exhibition will be up through April 2018. All local art is for sale so please bring your checkbooks when you visit us at 84 Free Street :)
The gallery exhibition will change every six months. Look out for the next open call in March/April 2018.
Questions? Email Program Assistant Emily Southard at firstname.lastname@example.org.